Here’s the review of Xiaomi Mi 5 . Xiaomi has become a huge brand in India. With phones like Redmi Note 3 has been very successful which offered great value for money, the people are seeing the Chinese giant as a budget specialist that produces phones with brilliant features at low prices. But with the Xiaomi Mi 5 the company wants to make a serious impact on the premium segment in India. It is the highest priced of the company till now and shows intention of breaking the company’s image of being a budget phone maker. The phone aims to compete with the high end smartphones like Samsung Galaxy S7 and has the potential to change the mind of the buyers of most expensive devices.
Released– March, 2016 in India.
Price of Xiaomi Mi 5–
The phone is available at Rs. 24,999 on online site Flipkart.
Check over here top-10-smartphones-under-50000
Specifications of Xiaomi Mi 5
The Xiaomi Mi 5 is powered by the snapdragon 820 SoC which makes it a stunning performer. You will not face any issues of hanging or frame dropping. Even running high graphic games and watching 4K videos are no big deal for the phone. Yes, there’s slight heating in the phone but not to the unbearable state. The excellent performance of the phone can be seen in the benchmark scores also. AnTuTu returned a score of 114,157 while Quadrant score was 36,576. The scores are almost like we saw from the Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge and it shows that the Mi 5 has lived up to our expectations.
The Xiaomi Mi 5 has got a 16 MP primary camera with a dual tone LED flash and a 4 MP front shooter. The rear camera has the capacity to shoot videos at upto 4K whereas the front one can shoot full HD videos at 30 fps. The back camera features 4-axis optical image stabilization which is extremely helpful while taking quick shots. Even the photos and selfies taken in low light are also decent and satisfactory. Definitely the camera isn’t as nice as Samsung Galaxy S7 but it’s good enough for daily photography.
What We Liked in Xiaomi Mi 5
- The phone comes with a unique 3D glass curve design that makes the device stand tall among the top phones and the metal frame blends seamlessly upon the glass back on the edges.
- The 5.15 inch full HD IPS display with 428 ppi is suitably sharp, bright and clear even under bright sunlight.
- The phone is extremely light (129gm.) and slim (7.3 mm.), and you can feel it in your hand.
- The Snapdragon 820 2.15 GHz processor along with 3 GB RAM makes the Xiaomi Mi 5 a fantastic performer and everything is smooth as butter from multitasking to playing heavy games.
- The 3000 mAh battery is sufficient to easily provide a day of moderate use.
- Both the cameras are superb in daylight as well as in low light conditions. The front shooter has 80 degree angle to provide you very impressive selfies.
- The Mi 5 specially features the quick charge 3.0 technique which can charge the phone within an hour easily.
- It has the fingerprint sensor and it is placed within the home button which is quite unique.
What Needs to be Improved in Xiaomi Mi 5
- There is a Hybrid Sim Slot in the phone and it’s a big disadvantage.
- The battery is not so good for the heavy users even if it’s fast charging but what will happen when you don’t have a power plug near you.
- There is a non-removable removable battery and there’s no FM Radio.
- The full Hd screen is not 4K even when the phone support 4K video recording, so the 4K screen could be there.
- The external storage is not expandable.
Find more info mobile phones under 30000
Xiaomi is known for making budget smartphones but the Xiaomi Mi 5 isn’t one of the low cost phones and the company shows with it that it can also produce premium devices as well. The Xiaomi Mi 5 is a great effort that offers you a flagship experience at relatively low price. The phone comes with decent design, excellent performance and nice camera quality.
The only major flaw we can see in the phone is no support for expandable storage. However the Xiaomi Mi 5 will be a good purchase at Rs. 24,999 and it won’t let you down. Otherwise you can also have a look at the OnePlus 3 which also claims to be the ‘Flagship killer’.
The below video will help you in more appropriate way if you are thinking to purchase the Xiaomi Mi 5.
To get the more information about Xiaomi Mi 5 you can visit the official page