Today we are Reviewing the Xiaomi Mi 4i. The formula of Xiaomi of making the phones which offer more features at very low prices has been quite successful. The brand has now one of the top smart phone vendors in India in a very short interval. The Mi 3 targeted the high-end buyers offering the similar specifications which the flagship phones of Samsung, Sony and HTC offers but the Xiaomi Mi 4 was disappointing because of its relatively high cost than Mi 3.
Now the Xiaomi Mi 4i is looking very much in the category of Mi 3 having nice mixture of price and features and the android based smart phone aims to recreate the kind of magic that Mi 3 had produced. At this budget price it is going to compete the high value brands like Samsung,HTC, and Sony where as these brands provide the same configuration in around 20K-25K this featured smart phones comes only in 11,999 which makes it fit for a low-budget users. This generally available in two different memories such that 16 GB & 32 GB.
Release date of Mi4i in India
Mi4i specification and price in india
Price of Xiaomi Mi 4i –
The phone is available at Rs. 11,999 on online shopping giants like Flipkart and Amazon also.
Currently Available at Fipkart under a price tag of 10,999 Rs.
See it here best phones under 15000
Xiaomi Mi 4i Features & Specifications
Design & Display
The Mi 4i is indeed a well-built device and it looks much better than other phones. It has a plastic uni-body design and the rear part is seamlessly wrap around the front to provide it good look and feel. Both the volume rocker and the power button are placed at the right edge which appear firm and well placed.
The phone has a 5 inch IPS LCD 1080p display. The colors look sharp and real, the viewing angles are crisp without any discoloration. There is ‘Sunlight Display’ feature which modifies screen brightness according to the surroundings and the resultant outdoor visibility is good.
The Mi 4i sports a 13 MP back camera with dual LED flash and 5 MP front shooter. The images taken were brilliant in the daylight conditions and the photos had plenty of detail and the colours were very natural. Talking about the indoor photos is a different story but the best part is that the colours are still pleasant in low light. The cameras can shoot 1080p videos at 30fps and the videos of back camera come out well.
What We Liked about Xiaomi Mi 4i
- The phone has a very beautiful and solid-looking design which is built from high quality polycarbonate.
- The 5 inch full HD screen has great color reproduction and viewing angles and its Sunlight Feature insures good visibility under sunlight.
- The battery backup is good and last properly for one and a half day with heavy usage of the phone.
- There’s no problem in performance and the Mi 4i handles everything you throw at it and even the high-end games.
- Both the 13 MP rear and 5 MP front camera take pictures with great detail in normal lighting conditions and the dual tone LED flash works well.
- The phone has essential sensors like light, compass etc.
- The MIUI supports up to 7 Indian languages and phone supports OTG too.
What Could Be Better in Xiaomi Mi 4i
- The phone has the heating issue while charging, surfing the internet or playing heavy games for longer hours.
- The external memory card is not supported also it does not have a screen protector.
- The pictures taken in medium or low light conditions show noise and look a bit over saturated by both the cameras.
- The volume and power buttons are so delicate and you can observe rattling of the keys.
- There’s no headphones included with the smartphone and the sound quality of the speaker is also below par.
- The RAM management is not so good and almost 1 GB of RAM is occupied by the system itself and normally only 500-600 MB is available for users.
- Xiaomi provides regular bug fixing updates but most of them are very bulky in size.
Finally i would like to say that Xiaomi Mi 4i has hit almost all the right notes featuring great design & display, nice performance, excellent camera in daylight and acceptable battery life. The heating of the phone is another issue along with average low light camera performance and no fingerprint sensor. Otherwise the phone is still comparable with the devices which have triple price than the Mi 4i. So you can buy this android based phone for its adorable design and dependable performance but if you are a music lover then you can look somewhere else.
If you find reading all the content boring than you can just play the below video for the review about Xiaomi Mi 4i
You can check more information about Xiaomi Mi 4i on the official page of Mi