This is the Review of the Motorola’s latest Android based mobile Motorola Moto G 4 plus. There’s no doubt that India does love Motorola’s Moto line of smartphones. There are very strong sales in India and the Moto G series has been the most popular among all. The reason behind this is that the Moto G mobile phones have always had a good balance between features and price. After Lenovo’s acquisition over Motorola Mobility, the fourth generation Moto G makes the debut. The Moto G 3 and G 4 were pretty successful but they had to face criticism for their camera performance. The Motorola Moto G 4 plus aims to change this criticism into complements with its new and improved camera.
Released – The phone is released recently in May, 2015
Price of Motorola Moto G 4 plus
The phone is available in two variants – 1) 2GB RAM and 16 GB ROM at Rs. 12,499
What We Liked in Motorola Moto G 4 plus
- The smartphone has a larger 5.5 inch full HD screen which is good under sunlight and manages to produce punchy colours.
- The Moto G 4 is fairly slim (7.9 mm) and it doesn’t feel heavy to hold.
- The fingerprint scanner works well and can recognize your fingerprints from any angle.
- There are not many preloaded apps other than a file manager and some Google apps.
- There’s about 1.2 GB of RAM which allows you to do multitasking smoothly and without any lag.
- You can also enjoy the high end games in the android based phone without any hanging. It gets hot a little but not to a great extent.
- The camera which is the biggest highlight of the G4 Plus and the image quality is better than before in daylight and the low light pictures are also good.
- The 1080p video recording is nice also both in daylight and low light.
- The battery is also good and manages to last one and a half days of moderate use.
- The smartphone also supports fast charging.
Useful link best smartphones under 20000
What improvements required in Motorola Moto G 4 plus
It is hard to find any fault in this android based smartphone yet few minor disadvantages are given below-
- The fingerprint sensor is limited to just unlocking the device and nothing else.
- It’s not water and dust resistant like its predecessor.
- The battery is non removable and the headset given in the box are just average.
- There is no NFC (near field communication).
Features of Motorola Moto G 4 plus
The mobile phone has the combination of 1.5 GHz octacore processor and 3 GB of RAM. The device runs on the latest android 6.0. All of these specs make the device perform smoothly in day to day tasks. Opening multiple apps and switching between them is very stress free to do. The phone also handles intensive games very easily with no lag. It does heat up a little but not much.
The call quality is also great with good 4G connectivity even in low signal areas. Talking about the cameras, the 16 MP back and 5 MP front camera seem great in daylight and the pictures are awesome but it’s not that great in low light situations.
Recommended Reading smartphones below 30000
Design & Display
Motorola Moto G 4 plus is a slim device you can say because it is only 7.9 mm thick which is a lot thinner than other Moto G devices. It has a silver plastic frame and a textured back panel which offers a good ergonomics and grip.
It has a 5.5 inch 1080p full HD display which is quite nice to have. The colour saturation and sunlight legibility is pretty well. It makes watching movies or playing games a great experience. It has also got the Gorilla Glass protection.
The Bottom Line –
The Moto G 4 is definitely one of the best budget smartphones in the market you can get in this budget. The design is very slim and back panel is also good. The phone’s performance is good along with a well working fingerprint sensor, nice camera and battery lasting for at least one day.
But there’s a tough competition for this mobile phone but it has got enough merit to stand apart in the crowd but if this mobile phone had water resistance feature also it would be easier to fight with other budget devices.
At last we will leave you with the un boxing video of Motorola Moto G 4
For more detailed review about Motorola Moto G 4 you can check the official page of Motorola Moto G 4 any time.