Here is the review of Meizu M3 Note. Meizu is one of the leading Chinese manufacturing which offers great features at amazingly affordable price. Both India and China have become huge markets for the mid-range smartphones and in last 6 months a number of phones are launched in this price range and some of them are just changing the definition of what is called a low-budget android based phone like Redmi Note 3, LeEco Le 1s and Coolpad Note 3 which can provide you a high-end smartphone experience at one-third price. Now, with the release of Meizu M3 Note the mid-range market is having another serious contender. This smart phone has a faster processor, bigger battery and a full metal design makes it look more premium.
Features of Meizu M3 Note –
Design & Display
Meizu M3 Note features a full Aluminium alloy body which is a great thing to have in this price segment. The device is quite sturdy. The material used in the construction is good in terms of quality. The smartphone is built so beautifully that it is very comfortable to hold with one hand also. Overall the design of this android phone is excellent and probably the best you can have in this price range.
Talking about the display of Meizu M3 Note which is a huge 5.5 inch 1080P full HD screen covered by 2.5D curved glass looks sharp, vibrant and provides fair visibility under direct sunlight. The display isn’t a Fingerprint magnet which is a good thing. The color temperature is also adjustable in the settings.
Battery The Meizu M3 Note comes with a large 4100mAh capacity battery. No matter how much you use the phone, It will last at least for one day. The battery isn’t fast charging but still gets charged in 2.5 hours from 10% to 100%. It offers high levels of endurance when tested 4G, 3G browsing and high gaming, video looping etc. The battery is also one of the USP of the phone.
Things that We Liked Most about Meizu M3 Note –
There is a big list of features of this low budget smart phone:
- The 2.5D curved glass full HD screen looks great with vibrant colors and sharp viewing angles.
- The design of the phone is excellent and it looks like iPhone 6s.
- The phone is light in weight and offers nice grip while holding it.
- The battery of the device easily last for a day for heavy users and it can give two days to moderate users.
- Multitasking is very smooth on the device and there’s no lag when using day-to-day apps.
- The 1.8 GHz processor and 3 GB RAM provides a good overall performance, the RAM management is also amazing.
- Both the 13 MP rear and 5 MP front camera work well enough but obviously they are not comparable to flagship phones.
- There’s no heating issue in the phone comparing to other devices.
- The Fingerprint sensor placed at the home key works amazingly fast and accurately.
What Could Be Better in Meizu M3 Note
- There is not any dedicated microSD card slot and you have to choose between microSD card and the second sim.
- There’s absence of the infrared sensor and FM Radio.
- The phone doesn’t support USB OTG cable.
- The battery of the device is not user removable.
- Heavy graphic games like Asphalt 8 airborne doesn’t run smoothly on the phone and there are so many lags while playing these kind of games.
- The phone still runs on Android Lollipop when other devices operates on Marshmallow.
- There aren’t any headphones provided within the box.
- There’s no physical navigation keys in the phone.
The Meizu M3 Note offers a better design as well as a better performance compared to its predecessors. There are inclusions like Fingerprint sensor and full metal body which puts this android based phone at a different level. The large 4100mAh battery also adds to its capabilities. The performance could have been better and the Hybrid sim slot, no support for OTG, no Radio are a few shortcomings. Overall you will not regret buying the phone unless you are a camera lover or crazy gaming beast.
Let us have a first look of the Meizu M3 Note through a video
You can check the official page of Meizu M3 Note for more information about Meizu M3 Note.