This is the review of the Huawei Honor Holly 2 Plus . Huawei recently launched two new smartphones the Honor Holly 2 Plus and the Honor 5X to compete with the devices launched by Lenovo, LeEco, Coolpad and Xiaomi. The Huawei Honor Holly 2 Plus will replace the previous Honor Holly launched in 2014 and it will compete with other phones such as Coolpad Note 3 and Redmi Note 3 which are some of the good phones in this price range. On paper, The Holly 2 Plus looks a great device and it has got some nice specs with considering the low price tag.
Release Date – 28 January, 2016
Price of Huawei Honor Holly 2 Plus – The phone is available at Rs. 8,499 on Flipkart and from Amazon at Rs. 8,999.
Check Out the all list of Best Smartphones under 10000
Features of Huawei Honor Holly 2 Plus –
Huge Battery –
The Holly 2 Plus has a large 4000 mAh battery which provides you amazing battery life. You can easily extract two days from the phone normally. And if you are a heavy user you will get at least one day full of gaming and watching videos which is superb considering the price of the phone. There is also the Ultra Power saving mode which helps in increasing battery life when battery goes low. The charging speed is also quick and you can get it charged in around 100 minutes.
The Honor Holly 2 Plus having 2 GB RAM and 1.3 GHz processor performs smoothly in day to day activities. The RAM management is superb and you get about 1.2 GB of RAM on average which is enough even for playing a high-end game on it like Dead Trigger or Real Racing. The processor barely heats up during regular usage. Looking at the Multimedia performance now, the video player can run as a small floatable window on the screen and supports up to 1080p resolution videos. The camera performance is good but only when you have enough amount of light available.
Check out the below Video Review before buying Huawei Honor Holly 2 Plus– !!!
What We Liked in Huawei Honor Holly 2 Plus –
- The battery is really awesome and it easily lasts for two days of moderate use and the charging speed is also very quick.
- The cameras work well in normal light conditions and manages to get some good pictures in daylight.
- The UI is really easy to handle and it has some nice themes also.
- The Holly 2 Plus has 2 GB RAM and 1.3 GHz that runs the phone quite well and allows you to play high-end games and day to performance of the phone is smooth.
- Though it’s a 4000 mAh battery phone it is slim and light in weight.
- The sound from the speakers is decent and the call clarity is also good.
- The Holly 2 Plus supports CDMA and GSM both and both are work very fine.
- There are very less bloatware which can be uninstalled to free up space.
- There is not much heating problem and the phone rarely lags.
Read More Here Best Smartphones under 15000
What Could Be Better in Huawei Honor Holly 2 Plus –
- Images taken from the camera looks grainy when you zoom into them.
- There is no Gorilla Glass and you better use the screen guard provided in the box.
- The box does not include headphones and the battery is non-removable.
- The phone doesn’t have a Fngerprint scanner and doesn’t support OTG.
- There are some network issues in the phone while connecting to internet by CDMA Sim.
- The touch sensitivity is not great and smooth.
The Bottom Line –
If you are a person who wants a phone which offers a battery that can last for two days easily with lots of web surfing, listening of music & watching videos along with couple of hours of gaming then this phone will be perfect for you. But there are also some unappreciable things like it doesn’t support USB OTG and full HD video recording, not having FPS(fingerprint scanner), average performance of the camera under the moon or in low light whereas other phones of this category like Coolpad Note 3 are offering some of these features at the price point.
Overall the phone offers a good value for money and we have tried our best to tell the story of the phone and now it is up to you whether you want to buy it or not.