Today we are reviewing the Coolpad Note 3. It is a budget 4G phone. Coolpad which is one of the strongest brands of China in competition with Xiaomi, Meizu and others. Now the company is looking again at the Indian market with the Coolpad Note 3 which is its best effort till now. Coolpad Note 3 grabs the attention by promising to give a huge screen, large battery with good looks and fast processor and specially a fast working fingerprint sensor at an amazing price of around Rs. 9,000.
Released – October, 2015
Price of Coolpad Note 3 – The phone is available at Rs. 8,490 on Amazon.
Click to find out more Best Smartphones under 8000
Features of Coolpad Note 3 –
- Fingerprint Sensor
The fingerprint sensor of the Note 3 works like a charm and you can add up to five fingerprints. The scanner can be used for various tasks. It is having a metal lining around it and it is placed on the phone not on the back cover. One can unlock the phone in 0.5 second. Overall the fingerprint sensor is excellent and if you are buying the phone for this new technology you will never be disappointed.
The phone has 1.3 GHz processor which is a little low comparing to others but it has 3GB RAM and out of which the user gets more than 2 GB free for use which is more than enough to do heavy tasks on the mobile. You can do multitasking very smoothly on this phone which is amazing at this price. It has a multitasking mode by which user can use two tasks at a time up and below on the screen.
Check out the below Video Review before buying Coolpad Note 3 Lite– !!!
What We Liked in Coolpad Note 3 –
- The phone has got good display and it looks quite vivid and colourful.
- The phone looks great and it is light in weight. It never looks like a mid-range phone.
- The finger print scanner works really well and you can unlock the phone in less than a second.
- The LED flash is very bright and almost equal to the dual LED flash.
- There is no lagging while multi-tasking and heavy games are running very smoothly at high graphic settings.
- The battery backup is excellent and the phone runs for about two days of moderate use.
- The charging time of the battery is really quick and it gets fully charged in 100 minutes.
- The sound output from speaker and from earphone is good and the call quality is also nice.
- The front 5MP camera is better than the rear and it is better for taking selfies.
- The Coolpad Note 3 does have a screen protection called NEG(Nippon Electric Glass ) which is as strong as Gorilla glass.
- This phone supports OTG and it works flawlessly, and there are some useful pre-installed apps in the phone for easy navigation.
Find out here now Best Smartphones below 7000
What need Improvement in Coolpad Note 3 –
- The UI is not great and there are less themes available.
- The camera software is not good enough to use the full capability of the hardware. So you can use another good camera apps.
- The phone gets heated while playing high end games or when you are using the phone while charging.
- There is no Barometer and temperature sensor for tracking the phones temperature.
- The build material is plastic which doesn’t give you a great feel to hold the phone.
- The rear camera does not perform as better as a 13 MP camera should perform.
- The capacitive keys doesn’t have the backlight.
The Coolpad Note 3 has managed to keep up with the competition in the market where there’s already many devices competing with each other. It has amazing fingerprint scanner, good battery life, good front camera with extra RAM to provide a great performance. These features makes it reach near the top of the list of phones under Rs. 10,000 . Yes the display is not full HD and the body is not metallic but you can ignore these things considering the other features and the price we are paying. Overall this is a total value for money phone and you can go for it.
You can leave your comments below.