Samsung Galaxy J7 (2016) Review, Price & Features
This is the detailed review of the Samsung Galaxy J7 (2016). Samsung has unveiled the 2016 edition of the Samsung Galaxy J7 and Galaxy J5. The J series of Samsung launched last year was quite successful in the budget market. The Samsung Galaxy J5 and Samsung Galaxy J7 were the best phones of the series with good mix-up of feature and pricing. This year the Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016) and Samsung Galaxy J7 (2016) have been launched with many upgrades in specifications. The new Samsung Galaxy J5 and Samsung Galaxy J7 are the first budget smartphones by Samsung which are built with metal and are running on Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
Release date– May, 2016
Price of Samsung Galaxy J7 (2016)
Samsung galaxy j7 rate is around Rs. 13,000 on online shopping store Flipkart.
Features of Samsung Galaxy J7 (2016)
With the 3300 mAh battery you can expect that it provide a stellar battery life. The Galaxy J7 (2016) gives extremely impressive battery life and the phone manages to last for two days with a screen time of more than 7 hours. The low resolution of screen also helps in increasing battery life. The battery life can also be increased further by activating the Ultra Power Saving mode that prevents unnecessary apps running in the background.
- Performance –
The Galaxy J7 has the EXYNOS 7870 1.6 GHz octa-core processor with 2 GB RAM and 16 GB ROM from which you get about 900 MB free RAM and up-to 10 GB of storage. The performance is smooth and lag free and the temperature does not increases much. The gaming is also superb and you can enjoy the high end games like Asphalt 8 and Modern Combat 5 in high graphics mode without any hanging or lagging. The camera performance is also nice and the rear camera takes photos with nice detail. F 1.9 aperture of the phone helps the phone to capture quality image in low light.
What We Liked in Samsung Galaxy J7 (2016)
- It has a beautiful and sleek design, the metal frame comes with a diamond cut finish makes it more premium.
- Another feature, we liked is its 5.5 inch sAMOLED display is crystal clear with vibrant colors and deeper contrast.
- Both the cameras has the f 1.9 aperture which means you can capture clear pictures even in low light conditions.
- The Ultra Data Saving mode saves the 4G data usage up to 50% by compressing data and restricting background apps due to which there is less consumption of battery as well.
- With the S bike mode you can ride tension free without getting disturbed by unwanted calls. If the call is urgent, the caller can press 1 and get through you.
- The EXYNOS octa-core processor with 2 GB RAM makes you multitask better and navigate faster at 4G speed.
- The latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow helps the device perform seamlessly and it also complements its premium look.
- The 3300 mAh battery is perfect as it can last for 1 day for heavy users and nearly 36 hours for a normal user.
- The call quality is also good of the phone.
What Needs to be improved Samsung Galaxy J7 (2016)
- First of all the display is not 1080p which should be given in this price range.
- No magnetic sensor which means maps won’t rotate according to your motion.
- There is a big amount of bloatware which eat up a good part of storage.
- The quality of bundled accessories isn’t so good.
- There’s no notification LED and the capacitive keys are not backlit.
- There’s no Fingerprint sensor and ambient light sensor which are available in the Chinese phones at a very low price.
- The volume of the speakers are not impressive and listening the ringtone is a bit hard.
|Processor||1.5 GHz, Exynos 7580, Mali-T720 MP2 GPU|
|Camera||13 MP, 1080p recording, 5MP front camera|
|Display||5.5 inch, HD, Super AMOLED|
|Memory||16 GB Internal, microSD, upto 128 GB|
|Connectivity||Dual Sim, 4G|
The Verdict –
Hence Samsung Galaxy J7 is a good all-round phone with great performance, good camera and excellent battery life. There are some additional features like S-Bike mode, power saver, data saver which are good to have. The latest software are used in the phone for better performance like Android 6.0. Ignoring few drawbacks like no fingerprint sensor, no notification LED and low screen resolution with a lot of bloatware but in front of major qualities we can ignore them.
You can check more information on the official page of Samsung Galaxy J7 (2016).
Please feel free to leave your comments.
See Samsung j7 reviews india in the video below